Linux at last!

007al 21:59 08 Mar 06

I have just successfuly installed Linux Ubuntu.
If i sound excited,its because i am.
I have an SLI system and have had a nightmare trying to use a Linux OS.
Ive tried Suse 10,which gave me two images over each other.
Mandriva,that would just hang every time i tried an installation.
Linux Extreme Gaming distro,again it didnt want to install.
I had ubuntu and Xandros left to try out.Lucky enough ubuntu installed no problem.I partitioned the hard drive,so i may try and install Xandros on an empty partition.Think i`ll leave that for a while yet,as its taken a couple of months to get one to work,and i just want to sit back and take it in!
The handy thing about it,is that open office.org2,GIMP and CD tools install with the OS,so idont have to sit here inserting CD`s all night.
My only gripe at the moment is that i have a widescreen monitor,and there is no option for 1440x900 resolution,so some text looks a bit different to normal.
Glad i got that off my chest,i dont feel defeated now!

martjc 22:08 08 Mar 06

...Ubuntu is upgraded every six months and you can arrange for free copies of the latest version to be posted to you - free - containing the live version and installable. Go to Ubuntulinux.com to get more info.

007al 22:27 08 Mar 06

Its ubuntu 5.10 and ive just installed updates.Ive just downloaded the nvidia drivers and im trying to work out how to install them.Got any tips?
Thanks

Forum Editor 23:19 08 Mar 06

so I'll move it over there now.

007al 23:44 08 Mar 06

It wasnt meant to be,but its turned out that way.
Thanks

martjc 09:14 09 Mar 06

...installing drivers in the Ubuntu howtos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…