Linux Installation -AGAIN

dahli 20:11 31 Jan 03

I am trying to install Thiz.Linux as a dual boot with Win ME. I have had some response from Taran prior to Xmas and have read the various threads posted by Taran and Woodchip. Woodchip as responded to my query on Partion Magic compatibility with ME. Good so far.
Today I used PM from the Floppies to leave space on the HD to have Linux find it and install to it which th Thiz Linux says it will do. However it would not recognise the Free space and exited without installing. I had installed Boot Magic on this system prior to attempting to use PM.
New theory is to create a Primary Partition using PM from Floppies, and make this partition active and then install Linux to it. As Woodchip's method of installing ME alongside XP. Linux Distro I have will boot from CD. I will leave Boot Magic installed and then use this to manage the dual boot.
Does anybody any advice on the viability of this theory or should I go back to the drawing board:-)

woodchip 20:29 31 Jan 03

You should be able to create a linux partition with Partition Magic load it and have a look in the menu you also need a linux swap file about 500Mb Partition

jonbon 20:31 31 Jan 03

i have installed suse linux with xp can you select on your hard drive with the linux to partition your hd via a advanced selection as i did with suse you then can chose what size and which partition to use it should also install a dual boot set up

woodchip 20:32 31 Jan 03

PS if you can manage it get the Linux setup to create a boot disc instead of messing the MBR up when you first start to load you will have to check closely what it say's when it loads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…