Linux info needed

jospar 23:52 04 Jun 03

I'm intreasting in learning/using Linux, I would prefer to download a free copy, rather than purchase at this stage.

so answer for the following would be appricated.

1, where can i down load a free copy

2, what/who is the easiest os to learn from

3, how difficult is getting hold of drivers

4, I intend to duel-boot for the moment from 1 hhd, so is there any problems concerning this,

and any other relavent info that might be useful.

thanks

powerless 00:16 05 Jun 03

1) see click here

2) Well I've tried two. Redhat Linux and Mandrake. I would say Mandrake is more better but at the sametime you have to learn Linux so either will do, to learn all about Linux.

3) Linux has good support for all hardware. Drivers are dependant upon the manufaturer of your hardware. Simply go to the website of the hardware component and see if there is one. But i'll doubt you'll need one.

4) In order to install Linux onto the one HDD. You need two partitons. One for Windows and one for Linux.

Two ways: Reformat the drive and create two partitons or buy PM click here and resize the windows partiton to make anoter one.

I prefer the format option.

To see what Linux is all about, to see what you are in for click here you do not have to install. It will run from the CD. So you can have a peek at Linux before deciding to install.

"and any other relavent info that might be useful." - Only download if you have broadband. Best to let it download overnight. I find download managers are better click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…