linux help

harps1h 23:27 06 Jul 05

further to my earlier thresd about the installing of linux i have now acheived this by changing from dvi to analogue. now though i am up and running i now have a different set of problems. most important is my internet. iwant to set it up and although there are linux drivers on it i don't know how to extract them properly. i keep getting the message that the destination folder is incorrect. problem is never having used a direct language os before i only have a minimum knowledge, i can see this being a steep learning curve. can anybody advise me as top the correct language to use?

harpur

ashdav 00:53 07 Jul 05

click here
try this. you should find any help you need.

dth 11:48 07 Jul 05

what linux distribution are you using and how are you trying to connect to the internet (adsl, modem etc).

harps1h 19:30 07 Jul 05

the distro is fedora and the modem is a sagem 800 adsl connected throught the usb. there is a linux patch on the driver cd but i'm unsure of the correct path to use in the terminal

octal 19:34 07 Jul 05

Can you tell us the file name and extension, it might give a clue on what to do with it.

harps1h 21:17 07 Jul 05

the file is called eagle-usb.tgz. i followed the screen shot of how the script should be in the terminal in the readme files, but kept getting a bad command line.

octal 21:30 07 Jul 05

This is a more up to date driver click here

You should unpack the file, a good place to unpack it to is /usr/share then, you will have to do that as root, then in the root console follow the commands to install it in the install paragraph.

./configure

make

make install

harps1h 20:38 17 Jul 05

bump

octal 21:00 17 Jul 05

You've bumped your post, but what about an update? Are you still getting the same problems?

harps1h 21:14 17 Jul 05

i'll come back to you on that shortly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…