Linux Hardware

danielsimmons 01:12 27 Jun 05

I am thinking about movin to linux from microsoft and i was wordering if i need any speical hardware for example for motherboards and so on to work with SUSE Linux.

Pusherman 03:09 27 Jun 05

Linux works with pretty much all kit nowadays. If you want to satisfy yourself before you take the plunge then try one of the live CD's.

These CD's allow you to run a full Linux distribution from CD without installing it on your hard drive. You will need to make sure that your BIOS allows you to boot from the CD/DVD drive. This way you will be able to see what Linux can do without actually doing anything to your HD.

If you go to click here you can download their live CD (which is really a DVD becuase it won't fit on a CD) or you can go to click here which will fit on a CD.

Welcome to Linux and have a lot of fun!

Pusherman

dth 13:00 27 Jun 05

As Pusherman suggests try a 'live CD' first. If you like the look of Linux and it works fine on your P/C - maybe look to set up a dual boot P/C. This works by having both Windows and Linux on your P/C and when you start up your system you just choose which one that you want to boot with.

After running Linux for a few weeks some people think 'what the hell was I doing using Windows' while others can't wait to get Linux off their P/C and get back to Windows.....

dublincity 16:36 27 Jun 05
  dublincity 16:41 27 Jun 05

I still can't get Suse 9.2 to find or recognise any modem, despite using a serial-port external, as recommended.

click here

dublincity 16:43 27 Jun 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…