Linux Gnome

tullie 16:54 21 Jan 08

Ive just burnt linux to a cd.At end off config,it asks me for user name and password.It wont accept anything i put in,help anyone?

Diodorus Siculus 17:01 21 Jan 08

Will it accept blank entries?

Failing that, give more info about the version of linus you have and what you are trying to do.

tullie 17:26 21 Jan 08

No,it will not accept a blank entry.Idownloaded Linux Nome liv cd fron the following site after opening Octels link in another thread.

click here

click here

Using USA (indiana.edu) [+]

I booted pc from cdrom,went through the configeration process,it then asked me for a user name and password,wont accept anyhing that i enter.

tullie 17:27 21 Jan 08

Excuse typing,damn laptops!!

tullie 18:01 21 Jan 08

Any idea anyone?

LastChip 18:48 21 Jan 08

First; if you're coming from Windows, you may be more comfortable with PCLinuxOS 2007 (rather than the Gnome version).

Second, if it's the same as PCLinuxOS 2007, try a user name of guest, with a password of guest.

If still no go, try root and root, although as a general rule, you should not get into the habit of using root to use a Linux system.

octal 20:09 21 Jan 08

As LastChip says don't use the Gnome-2.21.2 version, use the 2007 version and use the Belgium site, I find that one is the fastest for us over here in Europe.

octal 20:10 21 Jan 08

I should say the only real difference is the look of the desktop, the 2007 uses the KDE desktop which I think you will be more familiar with coming from Windows.

tullie 16:31 22 Jan 08

Thank,will try your suggestions,and get back to you

tullie 17:46 22 Jan 08

Mant thanks for your advice,downloaded PCLinux 2007 and all is well,just got to work out now what to do with it etc.

octal 18:07 22 Jan 08

Thanks for the feedback and pop back and let us know how you get on with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…