linux

picklsey 06:29 28 Feb 07

was thinking of trying linux any recomendations.i have xp pro and vista on a dual boot just now.free one of course.thanks.

2neat 07:59 28 Feb 07

This a good place to look click here

scotty 12:33 28 Feb 07

I recently installed Kubuntu and found it remarkable easy to use. I would highly recommend it (or Ubuntu which is the equivalent distribution using the Gnome desktop instead of the KDE desktop).

vinnyT 12:39 28 Feb 07

Take a look at distrowatch (click here).

smudge101 13:09 28 Feb 07

Puppylinux live cd with an easy install option

86.5 mb download
click here

Madscot_uk 15:31 28 Feb 07

My recommendation would be Ubuntu, as mentioned. I stared using it a while ago, and after a few issues got it set up to my liking and has taken main os preference plus you can run it off the cd before installing it to give a taster.

Ms

Rtus 16:44 28 Feb 07

Ive tried a few linux broods,but found some lacking in user help/hardware driver issues.Im currently trying Centos 4.3 which was free on a dvd from a linux mag.(shhh dont want to upset PCA) very similar to windows.& it set-up just as windows does .with only one gripe I cant get the DVDRW drive recognised ,but it finds my router /wifi & works faster than xp at times.I havent tried the bundled office but looks similar to Star office6 ,I use drive caddies to install any system I want/need at the time.and it takes merely moments to switch to Xp if the need arises.

picklsey 16:49 28 Feb 07

thanks for that will have a look shortly.

at the moment i,m downloading kubunto 6.10 already downloaded puppylinux.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…