Linux

JohnC123 13:53 06 Jan 07

I have two Hard Disks installed in my pc - one of 80 GB ("C" Drive) and one of 40GB ("F"Drive).
My main OS is windows XP Pro in C drive. F drive is now only used for storage of old documents, photographs, music etc. It has no OS.
Would it be possible to install a Linux OS in F drive whilst retaining WinXP as the main OS in C drive ? I would like to try out Linux but I hesitate to install it in case it interferes with WinXP. I have BT broadband and Wireless LAN via D-link.

SupaDashi 13:56 06 Jan 07

You can install it as a secondary OS, go google the words "Dual Boot" and "Linux", I had Ubuntu on here with my Windows XP. Its entirely fine as long as you dont accidently overwrite Windows.

JohnC123 14:12 06 Jan 07

Thanks for your reply SupaDashi.
As you suggested I googled for those words. I think I've seen enough to persuade me not to try it at this time - Dual boot looks too complicated for my skills !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…