Linux

steven_frost 21:48 17 Dec 04

ok installed SUSE but i find the internet very very slow even though i have a 1mb bb anyone have any ideas on how i can speed this up

Valvegrid 22:25 17 Dec 04

I'm not sure about SUSE because I run Xandros, but how are you connecting to the internet? If you are using USB I've heard that can be a problem with Linux. Also if you are running a firewall, try disabling temporarily.

The only other suggestion is if they have a forum for SUSE is to try a posting on there.

LastChip 22:40 17 Dec 04

There are very real issues with USB modems, though support for the frog (Alcatel) is pretty much complete.

I bought a Ethernet Modem/Router specifically to overcome this problem, as the Internet connection via Ethernet is no problem.

click here for a very helpful forum full of knowledgeable Linux folk and do a search for similar issues. If you want to post a question, you have to join (just like here it's free).

There are a small but increasing number of Linux users here (my observation), so if you find the answer, please post back for us all to see.

steven_frost 23:47 17 Dec 04

i'm running a d-link dsl-604+ its my first time playing with linux and i'm enjoying it but the slow internet contection is a big bug

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…