linspire has corrupted mandrake startup

keith-236785 11:59 27 Oct 05

Hi

i have WinXP PRO and mandrake on one hard drive which i was able to dual boot, i then put Linspire on my SATA drive wanting to be able to triple boot but it isnt happening, the linspire boot menu shows mandrake but when i choose it i get an error and it just goes back to the linspire boot menu but this time the screen is distorted (lines across the screen) i can still see the text so i can choose the boot option, linspire and winXP work ok but not Mandrake, is this linspires way of saying WE do not like a different linux on your pc and are going to stop it from working?

is there a simple way to resolve this or do i need to re-install mandrake and go to the mandrake boot manager instead of Linspires, or will that just do the same to Linspire and make that unusable?

im pretty much a linux newbie but am considering changing to linux proper soon (as soon as i have got my head around it). i find linspire very easy to use and it seems to have most of what i need but does anyone have any concerns with it. if there are problems with it then i might just stick with mandrake (mandriver) though i believe that has been taken over and is no longer available free of charge. I do have the 10.2 LE on DVD so its pretty new.

any advice would be welcome

keith-236785 02:08 28 Oct 05

anyone got any ideas?

Skills 02:21 28 Oct 05

No idea about the boot problem but so I have heard the main problem with linspire is that it runs as root by default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced