Linskys KVM 2-Port Switch

Spark6 20:25 13 Dec 06

I've been using the above switch, Model KVM2KIT, for the last couple of years but recently it's been acting up. Without toggling the Scroll Lock key it changes over computers, sometimes, even when the second computer is switched off.

I've contacted their website and was asked if I had power cycled all my devices!!! The mind boggles. When I queried this terminology I received an apology from the American lady and instructed to turn off all my devices from my computer to the switch and modem for 30 seconds and then turn them back on.

The only other clue I was able to provide was that the switch LED's, that indicate which computer is selected, are not illuminated. As the good lady has not responded to my latest missive I'm wondering if anyone here can throw some light on this annoying fault. Could be time to bin it and buy another. Recommendations welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…