Linsky Wag 325n-UK Wireless Router

flycatcher1 22:47 12 Aug 07

I am using a BT Voyager 2091 Router but I am very disappointed with its effective range. Moving the unit about has no effect.
I am considering the Linsky Router which looks pretty good even though it is expensive ( about £80) and maybe the spec is a little over the top.
Cost always matters but I am prepared to spend some of my children's inheritance to ensure good wireless coverage in our house.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

mgmcc 23:35 12 Aug 07

There have been problems with the network switch (the 4 LAN ports) in some Linksys ADSL Modem Routers. This results in intermittent "Network Cable Unplugged" messages and a loss of wired connections. Wireless connections aren't affected.

If considering a new Modem/Router consider instead the Netgear DG834G and its variants.

ambra4 23:50 12 Aug 07

Check if you antenna on the router can be removed an look at a hi-gain antenna

The present antenna on the BT Voyager 2091 Router is a 2dbi antenna with a working wireless distance of 50 meters; take a read on site below before replacing you router and the range does not increases to what you need

click here

Hi Gain Antenna for Entry Level Wireless.

click here

Picklefactory 16:17 13 Aug 07

Oops, posted this in your other post in consumer before I noticed this one.
I bought Linksys WAG354G based on trawling net and finding it highly recommended. I have, however, had nothing but trouble with it, or them I should add, as I'm on my 2nd. 1st one worked well for a couple of months, then comitted hari-kari and I had to return it. Replacement has not functioned correctly from day one, every day or two I have to reboot it as internet access dies. My ISP stable rate is through the floor due to the router issues, I am about to send this one back and chase refund. I would stress that the Linksys support has been excellent, their live chat set up I've found to be quick, free and has very patient and informed operators. I will not be replacing with another Linksys. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but bitten twice now.

flycatcher1 17:58 13 Aug 07

Thanks to all who responded. I will digest the info and consider my options.
Picklefactory. You may have been unlucky but two and not one dodgy sets does not encourage me to make a purchase.

Incidentally at 25ft diagonally through one floor and one single brick wall the signal is described as "Very Low".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009