Linksysy router and aol

Viv-208691 19:43 19 Mar 04

Just bought linksys wag54g modemrouter but it dint seem to owork with my aol bband connection. anyone got this model to successfully work with aol?
If so, please please post the all important configuration settings

Many mnay thanks

SEASHANTY 20:30 19 Mar 04

Hi there Vsz. Here use NTL and do not use a wireless router. Have you checked out the info given on the Linksys website for using with versions of AOL. Its listed on this website with several AOL links under the heading "Support Page Matches".
click here

gold 47 20:34 19 Mar 04

AOL don't support routers only known to them there
is suppose tobe info on this later in the year they said nothing as yet,take care you could be wasting a lot of money.

SEASHANTY 20:37 19 Mar 04

And if that link does not work then go onto the Linksys website and put the following in the search field
<<<<'wag54g compatibility with aol adsl broadband'>>>>. The link I gave doesn't seem to work using the Mozilla browser but it may with I.E.6.

SEASHANTY 20:41 19 Mar 04

The section you want is these links listed :-

Support Page Matches
BEFVP41 Cable/DSL VPN Router
AOL Cable Router Setup
AOL DSL Router Setup
AOL 8.0 Client BYOA & DSL Setup
AOL and Linksys Router FAQs
HPB200
AOL 8.0 Client Cable Setup
AOL 7.0 Client Cable Setup
WRV54G-Wireless-G VPN Broadband Router
AOL 7.0 Client BYOA & DSL Setup

Viv-208691 13:08 20 Mar 04

but surely the linksys router will work?
Again has anyone been successful with this?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

SEASHANTY 13:48 20 Mar 04

Have you not checked anything out that relates to your router in the Linksys knowledge base?
click here

Viv-208691 13:53 20 Mar 04

yeh, it didnt have anything of help though. However, i have found some firmware which i have downloaded...unfortunately im it illeterate and dont know how to open it. it is a 'bin file' and i have no recommended programs which i can open it with, how do i?

Thanks

rober32 14:27 20 Mar 04

One thing you can try is open the AOL icon and on the signup page set-up the location connection to "ISP LAN".

Viv-208691 14:57 20 Mar 04

sorry rober, i didnt quite understand that advice, could you please explain again. what exactly am i changing?

Viv-208691 18:29 20 Mar 04

Anyone, I'm going mad, has anyone successfully shared their bb connection using aol and Linksys Wag54G modemrouter?!!

PLEASE HELP ME!! IM IN DESPERATE NEED!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…