//some 3rd party need geo

LinksysWAG54GS goes offline

IJD 20:14 07 May 06

My router goes offline after a short period of inactivity. My PC is wired to the router via a Belkin Gigabit desktop card. When I am online my Network Connections folder in the control panel shows 2 icons, 'Local area connection 2' & 'Internet connection'. The Internet connection icon diappears when I am offline. When I try to connect or read my emails I have to wait several minutes until this icon appears (it also appears as a second 2 screen icon in the systray). After a few minutes of inactivity the Internet connection icons disappear. When my PC is switched off my laptop cannot connect online which I believe should not happen.

Whilst typing this I have lost my connection for the second time so I am going to have to reconnect before sending this as I lost all the text the last time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Ian

ade.h 20:23 07 May 06

There is - I suspect - something very wrong with your configuration. For one thing, the "2" tells me that you have ended up with a recreated LAN connection, which is not a big issue in itself, but does point to bigger issues. Secondly - and more importantly - there should not normally be a seperate entry for the internet conncetion on a client that sources its internet connection from the LAN. The WAG is a combined modem/router, not a cable DSL router, isn't it? click here is what it should look like (ignore the Firewire entry if you don't have it).

mgmcc 00:03 08 May 06

Don't ask me why because I don't know, but I have the separate "Internet Connection" entry click here and my connection is via the LAN from my router. It wasn't always there and I *THINK* it "arrived" after I installed a second network adapter in the PC.

IJD 23:50 08 May 06

ade.h

Thanks for your response. Does this mean that I should reinstall my router?

Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…