Linksys WRT54G-UK

pegaso 13:32 14 Nov 05

I am a trying to set up a wireless network for the first time using a Linksys WRT54G-UK broadband router and a Speedtouch 330 modem. I seem to have got stuck on the basic hardware configuration because I can't see how the modem connects to the router as well as the phone point. Is it that I need a router that will accept a usb connection?
I look forward to any ideas. Thank you

mgmcc 14:44 14 Nov 05

Unfortunately, you have bought the wrong router for what you want to do. Your router is suitable for use with Cable Broadband (NTL & Telewest) where the supplied modem supports an ethernet connection.

You cannot use a USB modem with a router and, for ADSL broadband via the phone line, you need a combined "Router/ADSL Modem" which replaces your existing modem.

pegaso 16:54 14 Nov 05

Thanks for your advice. Do you have any views as to a suitable model? It sounds like I will not be able to continue to use the old modem either...

mgmcc 20:10 14 Nov 05

This is a "Linksys" product which is a combined Router & ADSL Modem - click here

Another popular Wireless Router/Modem is the Netgear DG834G - click here - this link is the high speed 108Mbps version, you should be able to find the normal 54Mbps version at a lower cost than the one shown!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…