LinkSys WRT54G - Not Working...

MogsyDude 17:11 02 Aug 07

I have a LinkSYS WRT54G Cable Router...CANNOT get it working for the life of me! i work in I.T. as a technical support agent and it has baffled me! ive checked all the setting on the router config page! all working fine, done a factory reset and tried it again! pressed the button the front of the router, all the cables are plugged in fine as i used it at an old address perfectly!

it picks up a wired network fine but no internet!

not using it wireless to any other pcs's as i only have one pc, but i am getting an xbox 360 and want it wireless to that (not worried about that yet though!)

anyone have any advise for me PLEEEAASSSEEE!!!!

Thanks

ambra4 02:33 03 Aug 07

If any firewalls are installed on the PCs, uninstall them.

This includes Zone Alarm, Sygate, Kerio, Norton Internet Security, Zero Knowledge Freedom, Cisco VPN Client, F-Secure, McAfee Firewall, Trend Micro, etc.

In many cases, disabling the firewall is not enough; you have to actually uninstall it.

Do not install or re-install the firewall until after you have the system functioning properly

oldnovice 09:17 03 Aug 07

try the linksys easylink advisor from the linksys support section its a free programe you can download and checks your set up worth a try

MogsyDude 11:24 04 Aug 07

I've soled it now! Woo Hoo!!

I turned everything off for 5mins... Turned it all back on and I was Getting an IP Address.

BUT then i was getting no webpages!

So i reset Winsocks... then it was working!

My firewall must be pants because it didnt even detect a new network connection!!

But anyway, i will be changing this firewall, does anyone know of any good ones??

Many thanks for the help anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…