Linksys WRT54 network problem

mac62 18:47 10 Mar 06

I have installed a wirless net work using a WRT54G Broadband Router, I have a desk top linked to the router via an ethernet cable and a laptop via a wirless connection. Both can use the internet correctly, the desktop can use files on the laptop and share its printer. The laptop can use the desktops printer but is unable to use files on the desktop. file sharing has been set on both units and the laptop can see the desktop on the network but does not have rights to use the files. I have Nortons Firewall on the desktop and net guard on the laptop.

Help!!!!!

sicknote 21:54 10 Mar 06

1. Right click My Computer > Properties > Computer Name Tab > click on the Change radio button. Enter a name for the PC and make sure Workgroup is selected and choose a Name for the workgroup. Do the same on the other PC but make sure it has a different Name but the Workgroup Name is the same.

2. To share a folder, right click it and choose Sharing and Security. You don't need to use the Wizard so just to Windows to share the Folder. In the Network Sharing and Security box, make sure both boxes are ticked.

3. It may help to disable the both firewalls (just disconnect from the internet first) whilst you set this up. Once everything is up and running, enable the firewalls and reconnect to the internet.

Windows will need to restart after you have changed the Workgroup names.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant