linksys wpc54g installation problem

asg 11:53 20 Sep 04

I am trying to connect my dell inspiron 4000 notebook (running win Me) to my new desktop which has a wireless card installed. I have tried setting up the linksys wpc54g adaptor on my notebook but am running into problems that linksys tech support could not sort out for me.

After following the installation instructions exactly (i.e. load software first, reboot then add adaptor - specifying connection on an ad-hoc basis)I cannot find the WLAN monitor in the system tray. If I click on the utility from the start menu it does not load either.

Device manager says the adaptor is correctly installed with a suitable driver but the notebook will not connect. In order to get this far I had to download the latest setup program from linksys and the driver for notebooks with a texas instruments slot controller. In spite of this I cannot load the wlan monitor.

Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…