Linksys wizzard Question???

Madpad_001 00:23 06 Oct 06

Hello I own a Linksys networkwpc54g V1.2 (old I know but it works fine) and A laptop running XP Home. My question is this; Every time I try to use the linksys wizzard to connect to my network it will not go past the sreaching page, but if I run the win xp wizzard I can connect to my network fine.Is there a way to disable the windows wizzard and run the linksys one? I know "if something is working then don't touch" theory but it just bugs me that the Linksys wizzard does not seam to work correctly. Any pionters will be of great help.

madpad

ade.h 16:15 06 Oct 06

I assume that you are actually talking about adapter management software rather than a router setup CD?

Why would you want to install and use the 3rd-party software when Windows XP's WZC is more efficient, easy to use, fully integrated and XP-friendly?

Madpad_001 17:24 06 Oct 06

sorry yes i ment for the adapter management software. as for your second piont. I will take on board and leave be.

thanks

ade.h 17:25 06 Oct 06

If the adapter software has been installed, you should either remove it or at least disable it from startup (in either msconfig or services.msc depending on the software). Otherwise it is likely to clash with WZC.

Madpad_001 17:38 06 Oct 06

thanks i swill do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now