Linksys Wireless-G Router Problem

wky 11:02 19 Jun 06

Hi, there seems to be a few problems with my router, I find that, when I stream content on the router, it would disconnect from the internet and I have to turn power off to both the router and modem to make it work again and sometimes the internet just disconnects without warning. But at the moment it seems fine, this morning my laptop couldn't even find a wireless lan even though everything was switched on. Any of you have experience with this router? Know what's wrong? Cheers.

wky 13:23 19 Jun 06

Hi, I think it's okay now but I'm not sure. Are we meant to connect the modem to the router's internet port using the cable that was supplied? Does it have any effect? Because I was using a different cable I had, but I connected the blue one which came with it and it seems to be working. I'm not sure.

mgmcc 14:16 19 Jun 06

There are numerous different models of Linksys 802.11g wireless router. If it is a "Cable/DSL" router, such as the WRT54GS, then its Internet/WAN port connects directly to the Cable Modem's ethernet port. It doesn't need to be the cable that was supplied with the router, any ethernet cable (other than a "crossover" cable) can be used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…