linksys wireless connections problem please help.

reveller2 15:40 15 Aug 08

Okay, so I recently downgraded my PC from vista home premium to windows XP professional. On vista my network card worked perfectly but it made my PC crash occasionally, don't have that problem anymore. My problem now though is that my network adapter can't find any networks to connect to. I went to the properties of my card and it said that the device was working properly. I tried repairing it and it comes up with an error message saying "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Connecting to the wireless network" I know it's not my router because there are 2 other PCs connected to it wirelessly.

It's really frustrating not getting this to work, so any help what so ever would be much appreciated. I'm currently on my old network card but the signal is too low to be good.

my router is : Linksys WRT300N
my adapter is: Linksys WMP300N

cheers,
reveller2

ambra4 23:11 15 Aug 08

Was the XP driver for the wireless network card installed?

Check that the wireless card is Enable/Disable from inside the Network Connection Area

Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right click-Wireless Area Connection-Enable or Disable as

required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

click here

dawood 03:16 16 Aug 08

Don't enable SSID hiding feature on the wireless router if you did it, most of the time the Windows XP's wireless zero configuratio will have difficulty to detect hidden SSID click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017