Linksys Wireless 4 Port Adsl Gateway - HELP

Daveson 01:01 12 Nov 04

Hi there, after about 30 minutes of trouble free surfing the net all of a sudden the connection drops from the wireless part. If i reset the router then it comes back on again. Is this due to a bug in the router or what. I have downloaded the latest firmware but i dont know how to install it. I get no aplication is asociated with this file when i click on the firmware update.

I am thinking of sending this product back as i canot go on resetting the router after 30 minutes. Any sugestions as to wat i should do. Many thanks.

Craig.

Gaz 25 09:39 12 Nov 04

problems with their ADSL wireless routers and some people have reported them on this forum, while mine strangely chugs along even with Gb's of throughput per day for the webserver.

I did however update the firmware, which you should have an .EXE file that allows you to select the router and IP address, while setting a firmware file - which is the file you downloaded and won't open. You then wait, but this MUST be done on a hardwired computer, not a wireless one. Once this process is complete you will then be asked to reboot the router. Some routers require ftp copying of the firmware.

Remember, be careful updating firmware - it can cause MAJOR problems. See the online documentation for firmware updates from the Linksys website.

Also, try a 'hard' reset, by reseting to factory settings.

Regards,
Gaz25

Daveson 09:50 12 Nov 04

thanks for that, i will check all options before doing anything. Cheers.

SEASHANTY 15:14 12 Nov 04

There may also be some info to assist you on Linksys
"Easy Answers" - all 49 pages of links
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…