Linksys WAG54g Setup Help Please

sicknote 19:19 13 Jun 05

Hi All
I have been able to setup the above ADSL Gateway with 2 PC's connected and both sharing the B/B connect via the gateway.No problems there !!!
But now i am pulling my hair out !! how do i configure the the gateway so both PC's can see each other and share all their info.

I hope that makes sense!!

selfbuild 21:58 13 Jun 05

1. Have you checked that both PCs belong to the same workgroup and both have different names?

2. What O/S are you running on both PCs?

3. Have you setup any folders to be shared?

4. What firewall(s) are you using?

Sorry for the questions.... but we need these answered before we can help.

sicknote 22:03 13 Jun 05

Thanks !! Ok Then
1. NO have not made workgoup, how ??
2. Win xp Prof
3. NO
4. Norton internet security

selfbuild 22:36 13 Jun 05

1. Right click My Computer > Properties > Computer Name Tab > click on the Change radio button. Enter a name for the PC and make sure Workgroup is selected and choose a Name for the workgroup. Do the same on the other PC but make sure it has a different Name but the Workgroup Name is the same.

2. To share a folder, right click it and choose Sharing and Security. You don't need to use the Wizard so just to Windows to share the Folder. In the Network Sharing and Security box, make sure both boxes are ticked.

3. It may help to disable the both firewalls (just disconnect from the internet first) whilst you set this up. Once everything is up and running, enable the firewalls and reconnect to the internet.

selfbuild 22:39 13 Jun 05

Oh and by the way, Windows will need to restart after you have changed the Workgroup names.

sicknote 23:10 13 Jun 05

Thanks for that info !!

Will have to try it a bit later on or tomorrow.

sicknote 00:17 14 Jun 05

Thanks that work great :-)))

Just got to setup norton anti virus and firewalls on PC's as they keep blocking when they are enabled !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced