Linksys router

Halmer 16:03 29 Dec 05

Have installed a linksys router. My laptop is working ok, but for some reason I cannot get a INTERNET connection on my PC. I am running on windows xp. It appears to connect to the wrong IP address.

mgmcc 21:14 29 Dec 05

You haven't mentioned how the PC connects to the router - "wirelessly" or by network cable?

The connection to the router should get its IP address automatically by DHCP from the router, but with a WiFi adapter this will only happen once you have "connected" to the wireless network. If the adapter cannot access the router to get its IP address, Windows will allocate an address in the "169.254.x.x" range which won't let you connect the LAN or the internet.

Halmer 11:05 30 Dec 05

The PC connects to the router 'wirelessly'.

The Linksys diagnostic screen tells me that everything is OK (good signal) but it cannot access the internet and shows page not found. The IP address is showing as 19x xx etc etc not 169 etc etc.

I am not by the PC at the moment sorry as it is my friends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…