Linksys Router

Matt45 20:21 05 Apr 04

There seems to be something wrong with my router. Up until yesterday, when I entered click here into my browser address bar I got the router control panel appear but now, whenever I type it in I get "Connection Refused". Anybody know what's going on?

TomJerry 20:33 05 Apr 04

Did you changed IP address for your router? Did you link your router with another router and set this router to get IP adress automatically with DHCP. If you do not remember or do not know the current IP address for this router, you need to reset the router to factory default and work from there. The address 192.168.1.1 is the router's IP adress.

If your youter still has this address (192.168.1.1), you need to set your network card's IP address in the same range as the router, e.g. 192.171.100.11 etc. Go to network, select network card, TCP/IP to set this. Once network card has the same IP address range as the router, you can access router's set up.

I never used linksys router, but the same principle should apply to all routers.

Baledor 14:50 12 Aug 04

wireless network. If you bought the Linksys package with a card with it, there is a utility to search for local wireless network access points.

The downside to this is that it won't work if you have previously enabled encryption on the router, and you will have to connect the router directly to the computer using the supplied Cat5 cable.

If you do not have encryption enabled, have the changed the SSID of the network card? If so this could also be why the connection has been lost, although you can search for available network access, as above this won't work if you have lost the encryption setting.

Personally I turned off encryption, it was a pain when trying to connect to the router, it dropped the connection irregularly and it degraded the signal. I use my home computer mainly for PC gaming so I wasn't to bothered about the security of my network, all I do is restrict access to the nework for my IP address.

After reading your question again it sound like the encryption and key have gone missing. Like I said above I personally think encryption is a pain, but if you are wanting to have your network encrypted then call the Linksys helpline, although it is not in this country (nothing derogatory, just a rubbish line and loads of echoes) they are really helpful, I phones them at 8.20 on a Sunday morning.

If you are happy to live without the encryption, connect directly to the router with the cable, disable the encryption and ensure the SSID is the same on the network adaptor and the router.

Sorry for the verbode answer.

Baledor 14:50 12 Aug 04

wireless network. If you bought the Linksys package with a card with it, there is a utility to search for local wireless network access points.

The downside to this is that it won't work if you have previously enabled encryption on the router, and you will have to connect the router directly to the computer using the supplied Cat5 cable.

If you do not have encryption enabled, have the changed the SSID of the network card? If so this could also be why the connection has been lost, although you can search for available network access, as above this won't work if you have lost the encryption setting.

Personally I turned off encryption, it was a pain when trying to connect to the router, it dropped the connection irregularly and it degraded the signal. I use my home computer mainly for PC gaming so I wasn't to bothered about the security of my network, all I do is restrict access to the nework for my IP address.

After reading your question again it sound like the encryption and key have gone missing. Like I said above I personally think encryption is a pain, but if you are wanting to have your network encrypted then call the Linksys helpline, although it is not in this country (nothing derogatory, just a rubbish line and loads of echoes) they are really helpful, I phones them at 8.20 on a Sunday morning.

If you are happy to live without the encryption, connect directly to the router with the cable, disable the encryption and ensure the SSID is the same on the network adaptor and the router.

Sorry for the verbose answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…