Linksys PLEK500 Powerline Homeplug AV2 Kit

arteddley 09:55 17 Jan 14

I'm thinking of buying Linksys plek 500 powerline, but will it work? i want to use it in my workshop 30mts at the bottom of the garden, the router is on the down stairs ringmain in the house the workshop is on a separate ring main, but they both run from the same consumer unit, does anyone have any experience or knowledge if its likely to work?

onthelimit1 11:44 17 Jan 14

If from the same consumer unit, you should be fine. I've installed 5+ homeplugs in a similar situation, and they've all been OK. I usually use Tp-Link like these which are much cheaper than those you propose

scotty 11:47 17 Jan 14

I recently fitted a pair of powerline adaptors to connect a YouView box to my router. Box and router are on separate rings, one upstairs the other downstairs. Works a treat and I suspect that transmission of video data is as more taxing than most tasks.

From memory I don't think the distance you describe is beyond the capability of these sevices though you may see a drop in transmission rate as distance increases.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…