Linksys Gateway and Pci card problem.

Ali M 21:48 23 Aug 04

Just bought a Linksys gateway(wag54g) and Pci card(wmp54g-uk) for my two PC's at home. PC1 connects to the gateway by ethernet cable and is working fine. PC2 however is proving to be a nightmare. Have installed the Pci card a WMP54G-UK in the pc and powered up everything on the network and all i get on PC2 is 'wireless connection unavailable' . I've installed the driver (running XP pro) and tried restarting the whole network to no avail. Any ideas?

I've patched the firmware on the gateway to 1.02.1 firewall is disabled, wireless security is disabled and wireless is set to allow all access.

helmetshine 22:58 23 Aug 04

I had a similar prob with a Linksys wrt54g router....found out i'd disabled the wireless zero configuration service...once i set that to auto and started it it connected.....go to start....run....type services.msc...scroll to the bottom and make sure it's set to auto and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…