linksys connection problem

Huggytrees 22:39 12 Mar 07

we have installed a linksys wireless broadband router at a local youth organisation it is working fine with the desktop and its wireless usb adaptor, my laptop finds the network but when i try to connect to it, it tells me that "Windows cannot connect to network the signal may have been lost or out of range" and to refresh the wireless list and try again!!

Signal is at full strength and the laptop is right beside the router, everything is switched on, ive tried rebooting both router and laptop but still same answer

Any Idea's??????????

Thanks all

Andy

Ashrich 08:40 13 Mar 07

A little bit more info needed , what wireless adapter are you using ? Are you using the supplied software with it or is Windows set to manage ? Have you tried temporarily disabling the firewall to see if that is blocking things ? Also model number of router might help ...

Ashley

Huggytrees 21:25 13 Mar 07

The usb adapter is working fine i am trying to connect to the linksys network through my laptops inbuilt wireless and getting the above problem as for the exact linksys model i will not be able to tell you until thursday night

thanks

Andy

Ashrich 21:52 13 Mar 07

Do you know what make the inbuilt wireless card is ? Is it using Windows to connect , or it's own supplied software ? Are you copying the key to connect properly ( sorry , have to ask that one as so many people copy it across incorrectly ) Have you tried disabling the firewall , temporarily . Post back Thursday when you've tested .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017