//some 3rd party need geo

Linksys ADSL gateway not seeing internet.

lonemascot 00:49 13 May 06

I bought a linksys WAG354G-UK ADSL wireless network and internet gateway for my home PC.

I followed the instructions that came with he CD auto setup to the word but it doesn't detect an internet connection.

I know my ethernet card is working because im using it now to write this (using my old modem).

These are the settings i used:

Encapsulation: RFC 2364 PPPoA
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Multiplexing: VC
Keep alive connection

it recognised i was using BT as my ISP and auto configured the setup to the above.

On the actual unit there are lots of LEDS
I have green lights on:
Power
Wireless
Ethernet 1 (connected to PC)
DSL

But my Internet LED is red which i assume is bad.

does anyone have any idea of how to sort this? thanks

€dstowe 07:05 13 May 06

I have recently installed a Netgear ADSL modem on my brother's computer. Not the same, I know, but circumstances may be similar.

The modem refused to be installed by the "auto" method. Then I noticed the recommendation to the effect that modems being installed as upgrades on machines that had previously had an ADSL modem should be installed via the manual setup method.

Did this, no problem.

lonemascot 10:17 13 May 06

I did try that. i opened the browser and typrd 192.168.1.1 as a url and it took me to the manual setup. i put in all the values that i needed but it still wouldn't connect.

I also tried doing that after uninstalling all the old modem software but it still wasn't seeing a connection.

im sure all the hardware is ok but obviously i have settings somewhere that are preventing a connection.

Halmer 10:19 13 May 06

When you go into the Lynksys site does the 'Status' tab show 'Up'?

smokingbeagle 10:27 13 May 06

May not be an useful suggestion but try setting the MTU at 1492 (setting that works for me) or the BT recommended 1458.

lonemascot 10:29 13 May 06

i wasn't aware of anything. i can't double check it now because im using bt software to connect via my old modem.

basically all that came up was a configuration screen. with a few tabs for advanced, gaming and wireless settings.

smokingbeagle 10:31 13 May 06

and one of the tabs is "status"

lonemascot 10:46 13 May 06

ok but what do i do when i click on the status tab, what will i be looking for?

when i configure the modem do all previous modem software need to be uninstalled?

Halmer 10:48 13 May 06

I had the same issue recently and I'm sure that you can sort it.

If you want, when you have time, I will post the settings that I was given for the same hardware.

Alternatively you can call the Lynksys freefone helpline which is given in the pack. You may have to be patient with the latter trying to get through. Let me know what you think.

lonemascot 10:51 13 May 06

yes please, i would appreciate those settings to see if they are different to what i have already.

i can't phone them untill 9am monday otherwise i'd be straight on there.

Halmer 10:51 13 May 06

There is an option to 'Connect' at the bottom of the Status tab. The settings should then change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…