Linksys 54g password

sicon67 13:54 16 Aug 05

A friend of mine has bought a Linksys cable modem router. He has tried to enter the user name
and password 'admin' which it tells him to do in the instructions but it doesn't take it and goes back to the logon box. He has tried upper and lower case and reset the router to factory settings via the small pin hole in the router.

I have the DSL version which I had no problem configuring using the 'admin' logon.

Any ideas?

bobbyburtie 18:21 16 Aug 05

After resetting to factory default the password should be admin in lower case and there is no user name.

sicon67 12:03 17 Aug 05

He has now got past the admin logon but now doesn't know the user name and password for his ntl.
Told him his paper work should have it on, think ntl call the password PID, but he doesn't know his user id.
Is that a default email address like BT?
He is going to ring NTL in a couple of days, but you know what there customer services are like.
Does anyone know if he should alter the router config or should it be set up to run on ntl without altering anything...?
Thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…