Links wont change colour

Scoundrel 10:33 14 Sep 07

I recently set IE 6 back as my default browser after lots of probs with Firefox. Fox is much superior but if it wont load the sites i want to see then it is of no use to me.

Anyway, IE is going OK except that links won't change color when I click on them. This is very annoying, especially when looking at forums.

Is there a way to fix this without farging up my History of Cookies or am I just being paid back for daring to change browser!!

Clapton is God 10:36 14 Sep 07

"links won't change color when I click on them"

What colour do you want them to be and why??

I've always used IE6 and my links don't change colour. They send me to the site that the link is for. That's the point of a link and it's good enough for me.

Scoundrel 10:47 14 Sep 07

Marg - this indeed happens on all sites. What I used to get was the link would change to purple and then If I went back to that link the diff colour would remind me that I had already visited it.

This happens on millions of machines millions of times a day, or so I thought, but no longer for me.

Scoundrel 12:39 14 Sep 07

done that but it has no effect.

bretsky 13:18 14 Sep 07

I use Mozilla Firefox as my web browser and I use this little ad-on click here which you can use with IE6 and this will give you coloured links after you have clicked on a link page, mine go orange or maroon.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos