Links Toolbar opens folders in new window

Dare Devil Denis 14:55 02 May 06

Hi,

Using Windows explorer in XP, I add the "Links" toolbar. I have shortcuts to some of my folders.

The problem is that when I click a shortcut, I get a new explorer window which I don't want. I want it to open in the same window.

I have enabled "Open each folder in the same window in "Folder Options".

The weird thing is that any shortcuts over to the right of the toolbar that are hidden behind the >> work correctly.

Help!
Denis.

Dare Devil Denis 14:58 02 May 06

p.s. right clicking the link and selecting "open" works ok but I want to avoid two steps.

Nigel-331402 09:10 03 May 06

I think this is a "feature" of Windows.

You say that hidden entries work correctly - are you certain what the correct behaviour is ?

I'll have a look to see if I can find out more for you.

DieSse 10:33 03 May 06

Well - I tried it all - and you're absolutely correct.

What wierd behaviour - I think it's an error, and there isn't a setting to fix it - I couldn't find one to make any difference anyway.

Dare Devil Denis 17:10 03 May 06

Yes, isn't it weird. I tried on three separate PCs and they all do the same thing.

I agree this is an XP error.

I wonder if any of you clever chaps out there could tweak the registry or something??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…