Links in some progs just lead to blank IE pages

newton_rover 21:38 07 Apr 05

I have Winxp Home, SP2, and Broadband. Having gone online to check my emails through Microsoft Outlook, if I then try to get to the home page of some of my programmes such as Abbyy Fine Reader or if I run Belarc, all I get is a blank browser page with no address in the appropriate line or details at the bottom of the page. However, if I open any IE page first, such as my ISP home page, minimise it so I can see to open a programme on my desktop, and then try the links again they work properly. Belarc goes through the normal process but the results don't come up, just a blank IE page unless I have minimised an IE page as before. All normal links through say this forum or on any other web sites or on emails work properly. Incidentally links contained in emails go straight to the site in question whether a previous IE window is open or not. Perhaps I am missing something but I seem to remember from another machine that Belarc would give the results of its activities whether the machine is online or not.

I have set my Intenet options to the default values and have already tried the regsvr32 urlmon.dll solution mentioned elsewhere.

Can anyone help please.

VoG II 21:40 07 Apr 05
  newton_rover 15:09 08 Apr 05

Very many thanks for your help VoG (and the speed of your reply!). I spent six hours looking for my Windows XP installation disk to run the programme properly but found it this morning and the IE fix did the trick.

Everything now working as it should so another very satisfied and very grateful member to add to your success list!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5