links page on my site

The GnoMe 20:06 04 Dec 03

hi all just trying to promote my site that i did with your help click here

i have email alot of solicitors directories and other sites asking them to link to me

most of them want a reciprocal link on my site

how can i add links to my site and still make it look tastful and not cheap

i would only add certain good ones

i do not think a whole link page would look good think it looks cheap

how would i do it?

Ben Avery 21:51 04 Dec 03

Make a "tasteful" links page?

Many good sites have pages for links, admittedly most people bypass links pages in general (in which case you don't need to worry!), otherwise, the only option open to you is to only have your site linked on sites which don't require a link to them.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm stumped!

BA

Sir Radfordin 22:14 04 Dec 03

Only take links that you think are going to be of interest to your clients. Try and organise them in a way that people will find helpful.

The aim of your website is to get people to use it as their homepage or a starting point for all they do in life. Very few will do that but you can always aim for it. If people keep coming back to your site, be it because it has handy links else where, you will build your traffic and hopefully business.

Forum Editor 00:14 05 Dec 03

Your best course is to try to put yourself in your visitors' shoes - what would they find helpful?

If you select links that are useful, informative, or simply entertaining, you'll stand a better chance of being added to peoples' favourites list. Don't expect other sites to link to you unless you provide a reciprocal link - that's how it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…