Links open blank

2Xtreme_lives 19:37 10 Oct 06

Hi,
I have just installed windows xp on a pc, and on web pages, whenever i try to click on a link i just get a blank page.
What do i need to do to help this?
Thanks!

theDarkness 23:15 10 Oct 06

i guess youll need to start from the very beginning, make sure your modem is connnected properly to your pc, its necessary programs needed are definately installed, and that your phone line is connected in the right modem slot.

It could also be a firewall issue -use a purchased firewall, windows own one is not very good!-, so id make sure your firewall is allowing your browser (internet explorer?) to access the internet fully, and that in internet explorers own 'file' column upon starting it up, that 'work offline' is definately not selected, and that you have chosen to connect to the internet from your modems startup options, from your pcs start menu or desktop.
For broadband you may have to wait a short while until your internet adsl connection is established before you can 'dial in' to the server and access websites.

woodchip 23:23 10 Oct 06

Check Your Browser and Firewall is not locking them out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple