Links not working

Peterkins777 16:05 08 Nov 08

Hi everyone, I recently installed "error smart" with no problems but after a couple of weeks I am unable to use any links in outlook or explorer. I did a system restore to two days after I installed the program and the links worked again however they have stopped working again I don't really want to ditch the program, I jut don't know which bits to turn off! Peter

brundle 20:01 08 Nov 08

Remove Error Smart, another snake-oil one-click-fix application. I hope you didn't actually pay for it. Plenty of info about it from a Google but my NOD32 blocks access the the "error smart" home page.

brundle 20:18 08 Nov 08

Admitting I have nothing better to do right now...
it's based on "AntiSpyware LLC" and both are listed here as rogues; click here

CCleaner will do all you require for free. click here

Reset your Internet Explorer to defaults; click here=

You don't say which version of Windows or version of IE so a search is as precise a link as I can post.

Peterkins777 06:40 09 Nov 08

Hi everyone, I did research before I bought the program and quite a large number of reviews were very positive, and yes I paid for it! I am using XP home and explorer 7 Peter.

birdface 08:50 09 Nov 08

quite a large number of reviews were very positive.Maybe because they were selling it.Never tried it before.But there are so many good free ones why Pay.Winaso Optimizer is about the best freebie it will only repair 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.Then you have C Cleaner and Eusing those are about the most popular.Now if you are not happy with Error Smart I believe that you can get a refund.

Peterkins777 09:59 09 Nov 08

Hi, for some strange computer reason and a lot of very directed swearing the links are working, if I double click! I have no idea why! but many thanks for the advice, I haven't decided whether to get rid of error smart yet as I have now read it can be difficult and if it's working may be easier to keep it. Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5