Links not working

newearwax 09:06 12 Nov 04

I don't know when it started but I am finding that links from OEx6 to web pages and things like unsubcribe to newsletters are not working, I have Zone Alarm v5 free and 2 Antivirus- AVG7 free and Avast 4.1 home installed with only one operational at a time, The difficulty occurred before AVG 7 was installed and before Avast. Before Avast I was usung AVG 6. Suggestions please will be gratefully received as to what May be causing problem.

Diodorus Siculus 09:31 12 Nov 04

click here
to Repair IE

newearwax 13:34 12 Nov 04

Oddly I cannot locate IE on control panel listings. Is it part of another program and if it is where? I've tried to locate its position but can find nothing that will enable me to repair. If you can help me locate and also to replace on control panel much gratitude!

rawprawn 13:51 12 Nov 04

Go to Control Panel/Add or remove Programs/Add or remove Windows Components? make sure Internet Explorer is ticked, Highlight it and click next. Follow instructions you will need your XP CD (I am assuming XP)

newearwax 14:23 12 Nov 04

Looked up and down Control panel Add remove progs several times but no sign of
Add or remove Windows Components. Another snag is that i do not have an XP CD as such only a produvt recovery CD-rom. Any further suggestions. BTW system is Eveshams if that will be of use to anyone.

Diodorus Siculus 14:46 12 Nov 04

Teh windows components section should be to the right of the panel for add/remove programs, rather than in the listing.

rawprawn 15:01 12 Nov 04

I think that Diodorus Siculus has made a mistake, when you open Add or Remove Programs, down the LEFT hand side are 4 buttons Change or Remove Programs, Add new Programs, Add or Remove Windows components which is the one you want finally, set program access defaults. Click on Add or remove windows components and follow my earlier guide. I am not sure about your recovery CD but try it, you can't do any harm, if IE is not on there it will ask for the correct disc. If it does post back I think there is an alternative way round it.

Diodorus Siculus 15:27 12 Nov 04

rawprawn - "blushing" - yes, on the left, not the right...

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:41 12 Nov 04

Is this any help?
click here

rawprawn 15:43 12 Nov 04

A slip of the keyboard lol, do you think that this link might help our friend?click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:45 12 Nov 04

or see item:
'Get HTTP Hyperlinks in OE to Open IE - Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types. Scroll down to
URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol/Advanced/Edit. Under Application used to perform action it should read:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
on this page link
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…