Links not opening

John-338620 19:24 26 Feb 05

On my laptop, whilst on the internet, some links to sites will not open. This happens mainly with my favourites, but when I open a site, some links do not open. For example, I can go to the amazon site, but none of the pages will open. I have turned off the firewall, and this had no effect. This happens both with the touchpad and the mouse.

I am using XP, Zone Alarms firewall.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received !!

Many thanks

John

howard60 22:23 26 Feb 05

look at your settings in internet explorer - tools - internet options - advanced - go down the list and alter the settings in the security section.

Graham ® 22:36 26 Feb 05

Are they opening in a new window?

John-338620 18:43 27 Feb 05

Howard - can you please tell me which settingsto alter? The reason I say this is because I have copied the settings from my W98SE desktop that works OK onto the laptop, and still no joy.

Graham - nothing happens at all, no new window, nothing.

Thanks to you both for your interest.

John

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:58 27 Feb 05

Drop you privicy settings to medium / medium high and retry.

howard60 22:31 28 Feb 05

assuming your list is the same as mine my settings in security are [those that are ticked] 2 4 6 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 and 16

VoG II 22:37 28 Feb 05

Does this link work? click here

John-338620 18:26 05 Mar 05

Howard - my advanced settings only have 13 options, yet yours has 16. Am I missing something somewhere?

VoG - Tried your link and it worked perfectly.

FruitBat - Changed my security settings as you suggested but this had no effect.

As always, many thanks for your interest and helpful replies.

Regards

John

John-338620 22:04 05 Mar 05

Somehow, after trying several suggestions that I have received the problem has now been resolved.

I am not sure exactly what the problem was, but it appears to be perfect now.

Again, many thanks to you all for your help.

Best regards

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…