Links not opening?

matthew-293741 23:49 12 Feb 04

Hi all...running XP home P4 machine, and as of late whenever i click on a link to take me to another page (opens in different window) nothing happens, well i say nothing, what happens is, a blank window appears, the egg timer does it stuff, but never actually loads the page....it came to my attention when doing internet banking...i contacted my bank and they say that their server is fine...i am using BT broadband....any suggestions would be really useful!!

powerless 23:51 12 Feb 04

Copy and paste this into your adress bar, remove the space and click GO.

http: //support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

VoG II 23:51 12 Feb 04

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

matthew-293741 18:48 13 Feb 04

Thanks for the help guys but it has not rectified the problem...on the MS page you sent me it was stated that this will resolve "if i am choosing to open in another window", maybe i was unclear (alot more like)..i am just hitting the link and it opens a window for me, there is no choice involved...anyhoo...i tried the regdit approach...and copied and pasted a few of the .dll's....but to no avail...has anyone got any other ideas?

VoG II 18:51 13 Feb 04

Did you check the registry entries given in that MS article?

matthew-293741 20:30 13 Feb 04

yep checked, thye all seem to be in order...at first i thought "why would this happen" you know...virus or something...but i scanned everything is clean....what could i of done to mess with the registry?....how about a sytem restore...would that work do you think?

powerless 20:31 13 Feb 04

Yup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…