Links with & in external files for flash

iamthewalrus 18:01 28 Jun 07

Hi, I am building a flash website which takes it's content from text files. In these text files I use HTML links and images. I need to make a paypal button on one page. Unfotunatly the code has & in the link address, this means that when flash reaches an & it thinks the file has ended and does not load the rest as i am using the loadVars method. the text file is a s follows:

[code]&daTextBox=
img align='left' height='150' width='170' src='pic8.jpg'>Psychotherapy is a type of Soultion br>
Second Paragraph. Contains lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots lots of stuff br>
img align='right' height='150' width='170' src='pic9.jpg'
a href="click here"> img src="buyit.gif"> /a>
&[/code]

How can i make flash ignore the & in the html link?

Thanks for any advice, suggestions, etc.

Ewen

Eric10 20:06 28 Jun 07

I'm not up on flash but you could try using '&' instead of just '&'.

Eric10 20:08 28 Jun 07

The site just made nonsense of my post. Try using '& a m p ;' but remove the 4 spaces.

iamthewalrus 20:40 28 Jun 07

unfortunatly that didn't work either. I think the & even with other characthers to make & a m p ; still denotes the end of a file. I even tried using %26 but no luck, not sure why that didnt work tho. thansk for the help anyway.

Eric10 20:51 28 Jun 07

I don't know if there is any more help on this page click here. I just noticed it mentioning %26 as you posted above. You will probably understand it more than I do.

Forum Editor 15:36 30 Jun 07

which is the hexadecimal code of the & character.

There's a spelling error in your text by the way:

'Psychotherapy is a type of Soultion' Should read: Psychotherapy is a type of Solution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant