Links in emails not working. Any ideas?

Iluaf 22:57 27 Feb 10

Hello,

forgive me I am not very technical. When I recieve an email that contains a link, I click on it & it takes me to that page on the net.

For the past few days I have recieved an error message. I can't thinbk anything has changed, but windows did do an automatic update. What can I do to get it working again?

I have a vista & Internet Explorer. My email is Outlook. The error message says 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer'

Many thanks,

sally

Technotiger 23:15 27 Feb 10
  leroyuk1983 23:41 27 Feb 10

Hi

Have you tried either of these..

click here

click here

Pretty simple to follow.

eedcam 08:44 28 Feb 10

I had this happen albeit with XP and no error message just the links would not work.The day prior to this I had had a warning a site wa trying to change my home page which I blocked .However although my home page remained the same simply resetting it gain myself fixed the \prob

birdface 09:16 28 Feb 10

Try updating and running the free version of this.

click here

birdface 09:19 28 Feb 10

Oops ignore last.

Iluaf 13:56 28 Feb 10

Thanks for all your help so far. Unfortunately my laptop has crashed today & I've been unable to start it to try these suggestions out, but I do thank you for them &hopefully once I bring my laptop back from the dead, I can try it.

I will open a new thread on the crashing as I've no idea what to do. Would love your help! Am using my hubbys pc now ;) thanks so much :)

Iluaf 12:32 02 Mar 10

No luck so far, still working on it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017