Links in emails not working. Any ideas?

Iluaf 22:57 27 Feb 10

Hello,

forgive me I am not very technical. When I recieve an email that contains a link, I click on it & it takes me to that page on the net.

For the past few days I have recieved an error message. I can't thinbk anything has changed, but windows did do an automatic update. What can I do to get it working again?

I have a vista & Internet Explorer. My email is Outlook. The error message says 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer'

Many thanks,

sally

Technotiger 23:15 27 Feb 10
  leroyuk1983 23:41 27 Feb 10

Hi

Have you tried either of these..

click here

click here

Pretty simple to follow.

eedcam 08:44 28 Feb 10

I had this happen albeit with XP and no error message just the links would not work.The day prior to this I had had a warning a site wa trying to change my home page which I blocked .However although my home page remained the same simply resetting it gain myself fixed the \prob

birdface 09:16 28 Feb 10

Try updating and running the free version of this.

click here

birdface 09:19 28 Feb 10

Oops ignore last.

Iluaf 13:56 28 Feb 10

Thanks for all your help so far. Unfortunately my laptop has crashed today & I've been unable to start it to try these suggestions out, but I do thank you for them &hopefully once I bring my laptop back from the dead, I can try it.

I will open a new thread on the crashing as I've no idea what to do. Would love your help! Am using my hubbys pc now ;) thanks so much :)

Iluaf 12:32 02 Mar 10

No luck so far, still working on it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…