links from an email......I can not..

Magik ®© 16:37 17 Dec 04

hi, not sure if it has anything to do with SP2,running XP, but when i get an email with a link they do not work, also some web sites start to load then go back to the desktop, I dont know what it means, but is it anything to do with "active X" or something to do with security.
any idea where i can start looking.

thanks

Technotiger 16:45 17 Dec 04

Hi, if this is just a recent problem why not try a System Restore? Just a thought. Cheers.

Magik ®© 16:57 17 Dec 04

hi as far as i can tell it has done it since putting in SP2, I tried a repair of XP, but the only option "as far as i could tell" was a reinstall..then i thought take out SP2, but it said all programmes since sp2 would be lost. perhaps it is something else..

Technotiger 17:03 17 Dec 04

Hi, as I said, it was 'just a thought'. On this one I cannot help further, but no doubt someone else will come up with the answer for you. Cheers.

VoG II 17:14 17 Dec 04

click here

Ignore the title - it applies to Outlook Express 6 as well.

Magik ®© 18:15 17 Dec 04

hi ..i have tried all the above and still will not link up, i have noticed however down by the clock, or the line above it there is a red circle with a white line in the middle, something about privacy report,and some cookies have been blocked, can they be unblocked.

thanks

Magik ®© 18:20 17 Dec 04

holde fire all, just done the lot again, and a link worked..so it might be ok. if not i shall return ;-))

thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…