Links on E mails not working

pegangray 15:30 27 Feb 08

I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ with 160Gb Hard drive XP Pro SP2 When using my TalkTalk Email through Windows Live Mail I find that the links on Emails no longer work with notice coming up saying application not found I have done a search for viruses an Malware but all seems well. Any idea how i might solve this anoying problem?

Waiting Hopefully Graham (pegangray)

bjh 15:59 27 Feb 08

See my recent postings near the bottom of this thread yesterday. Do not follow the complex bits at the beginning.
Note that it worked for n4165si, the original poster.

bjh 16:00 27 Feb 08

whoops
click here
THIS thread.

pegangray 17:03 27 Feb 08

I am afraid to say I have already run the repair XP with the install disk and it is still the same! any other ideas?

VoG II 17:13 27 Feb 08

Try this click here

pegangray 17:32 27 Feb 08

Hi VoG

I just tried your tip but no joy I still had to paste the link in to internet explorer to get back here to tell you!

bjh 17:48 27 Feb 08

It isn't the repair cd you should run - indeed, my message above suggested not to follow the earlier posters. If you look for what I posted in that thread, I think you will find your answer.

You need from the 14th post, not the earlier stuff

pegangray 19:09 27 Feb 08

Sorry I thought it was the Windows installation CD you had to use and then run the repair Anyway I will return to your help and see what I can find.
Regards

pegangray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5