Links don't work in the PC Advisor forum

CurlyWhirly 22:03 10 Aug 04

I have not come across this problem before so perhaps someonew will help?
I can access websites okay but when I click a link in this forum I either have to type out the whole web address/URL in Google or 'right click' on the actual link and select OPEN IN NEW WINDOW.

I am wondering if it is something to do with spyware?
I have run various anti-spyware software including Spybot but nothing is found!
I have RESET WEB SETTINGS in internet connections by the way.
The weird thing is that links work on other websites so only this forums links seems not to work!
Any help forthcoming please?
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:05 10 Aug 04

I forgot to say that the links to my posts or other memners posts work okay the links that don't work are the ones that other members add which are normally blue and display the words CLICK HERE underlined.
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:07 10 Aug 04

Oops!
I forgot to say that the links to my posts or other members posts work okay.
The links that don't work are the ones that other members add in THEIR posts which are normally blue and display the words CLICK HERE underlined.
CW

p.s. Sorry for the double post

woodchip 22:08 10 Aug 04

It may be your browser Security settings. If you are using IE why not try Netscape It’s the only one that I use

CurlyWhirly 22:14 10 Aug 04

I normally have NO problems and this is the first time that I have had this particular problem!
I don't know if this is related but I clicked on a link in another post to do with a website that calms you down (I can't remember exactly which post I was looking at!) on this very forum and when the website loaded some of my AOL screen disappeared and on these parts they were just of a black colour.
Ever since I have been having problems with links but ONLY on this forum - strange eh?
CW

CurlyWhirly 22:16 10 Aug 04

The site I am on about is in Speakers Corner and is entitled 'Websites for stress management'
CW

woodchip 22:16 10 Aug 04

You could try click here

with your xp disc in the comp

woodchip 22:18 10 Aug 04

I dumped IE as I was forever repairing it.

CurlyWhirly 22:36 10 Aug 04

Thanks for your repair IE article link - it worked!
I don't know what happened but somehow one of my Internet Explorer files must have got corrupted.
You say you dumped IE as you were constantly repairing it well I am glad to say this is only my FIRST time and hopefully my last!

I am amazed at this forum as (mostly) within a few minutes of posting a PC related problem some kind soul (you in this case!) provides the answer!
Bloomin' marvellous!
CW

woodchip 22:44 10 Aug 04

Glad it sorted it, but for how long

CurlyWhirly 22:48 10 Aug 04

Good question!
I think I'll pass!
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…