links that are posted on this forum

bta1 19:17 31 Dec 03

All the links that people put on this forum appear on my computer as 'click here.'

Does anyone know why?

Someone asked about the best websites recently and i wanted to have a look at them but i couldn't because i can't read the names of the sites and it would take me all day to run through them.

woodchip 19:22 31 Dec 03

It's the way the PCA site works, they have set there software to change the Address to Click Hear

961 19:22 31 Dec 03

Because click here is an easy way to get to the site mentioned without having to type it into your browser

woodchip 19:23 31 Dec 03

PS you can also hover your mouse over the Click Hear and it will tell you the address

Big Elf 19:28 31 Dec 03

Unless it's Tiny URL'd.

leo49 19:35 31 Dec 03

Why not click the "Contact the Forum Editor" button and ask for the FAQ on how this site works?

Mike ® 20:22 31 Dec 03

In my opinion people who just post links with no explanation of same, are not really being all that helpfull.

Big Elf 20:37 31 Dec 03

That would be me then.

Nellie2 20:52 31 Dec 03

Well you could copy and paste i suppose but then the question of copyright comes into play. If the link provides the information requested then I can't see the harm in posting it

Mike ® 20:57 31 Dec 03
  Big Elf 21:03 31 Dec 03

I don't pretend to have any great knowledge of anything (well not often) but post the links I discover whilst googling as the acknowledgement of the source. Today I spent nearly an hour researching a problem which resulted in a resolution of what appears to be a rare problem. I could have posted answer direct but felt it was unfair not to acknowledge the genuine source.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…