Linking Trust 108MB Router wireless

victor 13:31 18 Aug 06

Hi, I am having trouble setting up the wireless router to link with my laptop which has a D link 108G card, the router sees the laptop, which is running W2000 and is shown as connected at 54Mbps, but I am unable to connect to the internet on the laptop, I use NTL through a cable modem I can connect successfully through my desktop via the wired network connection on the Trust router, any ideas where i am going wrong , I need to get this sorted as my wife has just purchased a Qosmio laptop and will want to connect as soon as it arrives???

Barney

mgmcc 08:18 19 Aug 06

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

victor 15:41 19 Aug 06

Have checked both the netware card in the laoptop and the trust router software shows connection to each other with the correct ip address and MAC, but the laptop will not see the internet, I have double checked everything I can think of and through the router manual, but I must be missing something so obvious.

ade.h 15:49 19 Aug 06

Your client firewall is configured as required, I assume? (Trying to rule out the obvious before suggesting the more complex/obscure checks).

victor 16:50 19 Aug 06

Yes I have set up norton to allow the laptop as a trusted Ip address

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant