Linking pages in OpenOffice

Newuser939 18:02 09 Jun 09

I use OpenOffice Write for word processing. Ideally what I would like to be able to do is create a list of contents at the beginning of a document and then just by clicking on the item in that list, go directly to the page on which the detail is set out. Is this possible within OpenOffice please and if so, how?

Jollyjohn 18:56 09 Jun 09

Create a table of contents and you will then be able to use "ctrl+click" to jump to the appropriate location.

To create a table of contents go INSERT, INDEXES AND TABLES, INDEXES AND TABLES TABLE OF CONTENTS This will then create a table of contents based on the headings you have used throughout the document.

Newuser939 19:10 09 Jun 09

Thank you for that. However, there must be something I haven't grasped as I have created the table of contents OK, but "ctrl+click" does nothin at all.

Jollyjohn 21:01 09 Jun 09

I dont think you are doing anything wrong - I cant get a table of contents to work either. The working table was from a document I had originally created in MS Office.

I have tried to follow Open Office help to no avail..will keep trying

Eric10 11:00 10 Jun 09

I've found this tutorial on Creating and Modifying a Table of Contents in OpenOffice.
click here

I've tried the method explained under "Add Hyperlinks To The Table Of Contents" near the bottom of the page and it worked for me first time.

Newuser939 12:06 10 Jun 09

Eric10,

Thank you, that has worked for me too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…