Linking Laptop with wireless router

Office 11:30 25 Feb 04

I bought a wireless router accidently. What i needed was a wireless modem to connect the laptop to the broadband modem. After i received the item i realized that i bought a a router instead. So is there an additional device i can use to attach to the router to connect the laptop to the internet without any wires? The laptop has Intel Centrino Mobile Technology built in. Thanx

Office 12:28 25 Feb 04

The router is (DI-624+)
D-Link Air Plus Xtreme G+
High Speed 2.4Ghz Wireless Router

JerryJay 12:39 25 Feb 04

What you get is a correct equipment, but you need a Broadband modem to connect your router with internet. You need to get one with Lan/Ethernet connection not USB connection. As you have broadband modem already, check if it has lan conenction instead of usb connection. If it does not, you have to get another modem.

Actually, there are some wireless router with build-in modem.

JerryJay 13:03 25 Feb 04

(1) When you do setuo for your wireless router, you may not be able to do it wirelessly. You may need to link to a pc with lan port dirctly (with network cable) to do the setup. Your laptop should have a lan port. The same is true for broadband modem as well.

(2) If you have to change to different broadband modem, you may (maynot have) setup problem. This is because some ISP lock your broadband account with a particulr modem. If this is the case, you have to contact your isp for help.

Office 13:35 25 Feb 04

Thanks for your help. I'll see where I can get a broadband modem from.

JerryJay 16:05 25 Feb 04

Maybe it is a good idel to get a d-link one for comptability e.g. d-link DSL-300G+, £55 from ebuyer click here

Office 17:01 25 Feb 04

Thanks for your help. You made my life easier

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…