Linking Laptop W98SE to Desktop WXP

Big Big C 12:06 23 Feb 05

HI all, I hope that someone can help me, I have various files on a Laptop that I wish to transfer to my Desktop in order that I might back them up onto DVD.
What is the easiest and cheapest way to do this?

Regards

mgmcc 12:28 23 Feb 05

If it is likely to be a regular transferring of files, the best option is to network them. Install a network adapter in each (if not already installed) and connect with a crossover ethernet cable.

For a "one off" exercise, you could email the files to yourself sending with the laptop and retrieving with the desktop or upload to a website such as Dropload.com - click here

FelixTCat 12:34 23 Feb 05

Write them onto a cd-rw on the laptop and copy them to the desktop.

mgmcc 13:14 23 Feb 05

I was assuming a CD-RW drive wasn't available, otherwise they could have backed up to CD in the first place.

FelixTCat 13:27 23 Feb 05

mgmcc

You may be right, but it is surprising how often people overlook something like that, particularly if it is something they don't often use. Of course, the files might be too big for a cd and the laptop doesn't have a DVD rewriter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…