Linking hard drives

upatree 21:37 05 Sep 03

Is there anything I can do to link the three (don't ask!!) hard disks in my system ? I have a C drive of 20Gb which is the main user and is down to about 850Mb of free space - Oh so slow!- and also D and E drives with 5 and 10 Gb respectively. They are almost empty but the free space is not recognised or used except when I deliberately store stuff there.

oglemire 21:47 05 Sep 03

If you have XP pro (not sure with home) or 2K pro you can convert them to dynamic disks. Once this is done using Disk manager (right click my computer and select manage)you can create a spanned volume. A spanned volume will fill one disk and move onto the other, if you have a spanned volume of 3 disks (32 is the max)my computer will display c: being the equation of all. If you loose one disk due to a failure you all data will be lost.

upatree 21:50 05 Sep 03

Thanks for reply. Sorry, didn't say which OP SYS. I have Win 98Se, not XP

oglemire 22:11 05 Sep 03

you cant do it then.. if you dont want to reload onto a larger disk you can get Norton Ghost. This will clone your current disk and expand the partition at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…